Anti-aging Skin Care – An Eternal Problem
‘Anti-aging skin care’ is a very poplar concept in today’s world. Today everyone wants to hide their age using anti-aging skin care procedures and products (and a number of people are successful too).
However, and unfortunately for us there is no anti-aging skin care is magic potion. ‘Anti-aging skin care’ is about discipline and about being proactive.
Anti-aging skin care is all about slowing down or retarding the ageing process. Here are a few tips for proactive anti-aging skin care:
- Maintain healthy eating habits: A well balanced diet is the key to maintaining a proper body metabolism. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables (raw), they are the best source of fibre and have a very refreshing effect on your body. Avoid oily and greasy foods; not only do they lack in essential nutrients but can also cause obesity and other diseases which aid the aging process.
- Beat stress: This is probably the most important antiaging skin care measure. Stress disturbs the body metabolism and accelerates the aging process. Sleep, exercise and a relaxing bath, are all good ways of beating stress. Aroma-therapy or a good massage are also known to relieve stress.
- Drink a lot of water: Anti-aging skin care can’t be any simpler than this. Water helps to flush out the toxins from the body, hence keeping it clean and making it less prone to disease. Around 8 glasses of water (per day) is recommended by all doctors.
- Regular exercise is a wonderful anti-aging skin care procedure. Besides toning your muscles, it also helps in cleaning the skin by flushing out the toxins in the form of sweat. Exercise should be followed by a warm shower in order to completely remove the toxins.
- Avoid the use of strong, chemical based products on your skin. Natural skin care products are a good option. Use of organic skin care products (home made or commercial) can be a very effective antiaging skin care measure.
- Do not overuse skin care products. Excessive and harsh application, both are harmful.
- Do not ignore skin disorders; it can lead to permanent skin damage. Try over the counter medication and if that doesn’t help, immediately visit your dermatologist and seek his/her advice.
- Vitamin C based skin care products are very popular means of antiaging skin care. However, these seem to oxidise very quickly (which makes them harmful for the skin). So store them properly. If the product turns Yellowish brown, it means that vitamin c has oxidised and the prodct is no longer suitable for use.
- Protect your skin against UV radiation ; UV rays are known to speed up the aging process. So, a good sunscreen lotion should be a part of your antiaging skin care routine.